Let’s know about B2B social media marketing strategy for successful social media marketing!
Your B2B business demonstrates that every firm can be successful on social media. Why is this so? Because they’ve converted a small business that, frankly, isn’t the most fascinating into a social content playground.
When I think of B2B social media marketing, strong presences on social media matters the most like IBM, Google, and others.
Spring these brands in mind are good at delivering material that attracts and increases their audience. However they don’t market their products and services directly. They just spread the knowledge about problems and their solutions.
So that the idea to buy their products and services generates in your mind automatically. And this technique is called ‘indirect social selling’.
But, for social selling you need to figure out best B2B marketers that can understand your products deeply and market them wisely.
Although B2B social media marketing strategy is a tricky and long-term process, for B2B brands. But you need not to worry!
In this blog I will show you deep study for B2B social media marketing and trust me after reading this blog, you will curate a successful marketing strategy for your brand. So let’s begin!
Social Media Marketing Research Plan For B2B Business
Did you know? According to research, 73% of B2B brands used social media marketing.
So, to be effective on social media, a B2B company’s content must balance between engaging and not interfering with their audience’s experience on the site.
To correctly realize the benefits of social media, these businesses must first determine what their target audience wants to see.
- Clarifies B2B brand goals
- Keep an eye on competitors
- Offer support
- Help make strategy
- Connect & symmetry with other channels of marketing
B2B Brand Profile Setup Tips
Profile Bio Settings:
Make sure your profile bio clearly describes-
- What’re your B2B services about?
- Why do you exist?
- Which B2B eCommerce problems does your B2B brand solve?
- Why do people follow you or choose you?
- How are you different from others in the market?
Make sure your brand logo is-
- Clearly visible
- And must be the same on every platform
- Profile CTAs: like ‘What’s App Button’ and ‘Send Message Button’ on FB Page
- Website link
- Contact details: like support id, IG, TW links & contact number etc.
After & Before of every post:
- Recheck your landing page link & play with emojis.
- And make sure your hashtags are relevant to your post.
- Don’t forget to include B2B brand hashtags.
- Make your post clear to understand.
- Include UTM in the link to track your post-performance.
- Recheck your branding parameters.
- Mentions other B2B brand profiles.
- Measure the success of your posts using metrics for example- like, share, save & views.
B2B Social Media Marketing Goals
Measuring B2b social media marketing goals is very effective technique for social success of any brand. Here are some ways from which you can setup your social goals.
With help of social media B2B data you will easily figure out your converting traffic, increased number of referrals and so on. Here I’ll discuss social media marketing goals based on different social media platforms.
Facebook B2B Marketing : Monthly Goal
- 100 post per month including video
- 150 video views via Facebook
- 15-20 new page likes/followers
- 200 clicks to your B2B website
Twitter B2B Marketing : Monthly Goal
- 180 post per month including video & polls excluding Retweets
- 100 video views on Twitter
- 25+ new followers
- 250 clicks to the website
- 25+ Twitter new threads
B2B Instagram Marketing : Monthly Goal
- Average 60 post per month excluding stories
- Average of 50 likes per post
- 35+ followers by end of month(EOM)
- 50+ clicks on your Instagram profile bio
- Post at most 20 Instagram Reels per month
- Test hashtag amounts (11 vs. 23)
- Include B2B hashtags in your each post
LinkedIn B2B Marketing : Monthly Goal
- Post interesting stories
- Maximum 2 posts per day on LinkedIn
- 20+ likes on your each post
- Post 2 videos per week
- At least 20+ increment in number of your B2B LinkedIn networks
What Do B2B Businesses Want To Achieve From Social Media Marketing?
So, these are some key metrics that we want to achieve from our B2B social media marketing. Of course, social media is more than just a marketing tool; it can impact practically every aspect of a business.
For example, as we revealed in our State of Social 2016 research, social media is an important channel for brand recognition, engagement, lead generation, customer support, and much more.
Setting objectives is recommended by science if you want to stay motivated and accomplish more significant outcomes for your organization using social media. But which objectives should you set?
The following are six ultra-effective B2B social media goals to help you optimize your social media returns.
Have a look-
- B2B brand awareness
- Lead generation and quality traffic
- Community engagement
- Customer Trust
- Social engagement and planning cycle
- Increasing web traffic
B2B Social Media Goals And Their KPIs
1. B2B Brand Awareness
The primary reason marketers utilize social media is to increase their B2B brand recognition.
It’s simple to see why: the typical individual spends about two hours a day on social media, making it one of the finest locations to capture customers’ attention.
Social media has also helped marketers to have a better quantitative grasp of their brand’s online presence and reach.
Furthermore, most social media networks now include statistics on the reach of your content, allowing you to report your online presence more precisely.
KPIs of Brand Awareness
KPIs: Followers, Impressions, Traffic, The share of voice, Brand reach
- Follower Count
- Reach of your B2B social media post
- Page and post impressions
- Mention, shares & retweets
To track brand awareness use analytics of social platforms: TW analytics, Facebook Analytics Tool, Pinterest Analytics etc.
How To Do?
- Always be active (ABA) on all major Social Media Platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc)
- Engage, Don’t broadcast
- Create share-worthy content (by sharing tips & B2B news or you can share some general content in form of a poll)
- Don’t focus on only social media. Increasing your brand’s share of voice doesn’t stop at social media. You can use every marketing channel like Paid Advertisement, Search Engine Optimization, and focus on email marketing. You capture best marketing techniques from our email marketing guide for better email open rates.
2. B2B Lead Generation For Quality Traffic
This “route” is similar to your B2B sales funnel. Social media may be a terrific strategy for getting people to the top of your funnel because of the many individuals you can contact or warm them up to your B2B business.
The definition of lead generation is complicated. Still, it typically indicates that the individual has supplied your firm with some information about themselves, such as their name, email address, and other similar information.
There are several methods for tracking your B2C or B2B social media lead generation activities.
The below list provides a few of the more standard indicators to monitor to quantify your social media leads.
KPIs of Quality Traffic
KPIs: Sales Revenue, Lead Conversion Rate, Non-Revenue Conversions
- Track overall traffic from Social media marketing strategy and data.
- Monitor the quantity & quality of traffic with the help of Google Analytics.
- Total no. of clicks on your post. You can view post analytics, in post analytics you can check- impressions, total engagement, likes, detail expands & retweets/reshare.
- You can view no. of traffic generated to your site through social media with the help of GOOGLE ANALYTICS TOOL.
How To Do?
So, the next question will be how we can generate quality traffic from a B2B social media marketing strategy?
The answers is-
- Drive your social media traffic to a relevant landing page. That means your post should have a link that lands on the relevant page of your website but remember that your CTAs should be attractive. See the tweet below that’s including attractive CTA !
- Target the right audience with the help of ads or sales messages. You can target the right audience with relevant hashtags or one of the easiest way that is paid marketing like FB ads/ Twitter promoted tweet.
Are you looking for free WordPress Themes to make the online store’s process smooth?🤔
Check out our selection of best WordPress plugins!https://t.co/GvcERIjGre#wordpressthemes #freewordpressthemes #wecodefuture #SaturdayThoughts #ecommercestore #themes #bestthemes #wordpress
— WeCodeFuture (@itswecodefuture) May 29, 2021
3. B2B Community Engagement
Tracking B2B audience figures like total followers and fans are lovely, but we’ve also witnessed an increase in the number of closed groups and chats that businesses have been focused on in the last year or two.
The kind of objectives you want to establish for these communities may seem quite different from your general fan/follower growth objectives, and the sort of community you choose to develop will, of course, influence the metrics you use to assess success.
KPIs of Community Engagement
KPIs: Clicks, Likes, Shares, Comments, Mentions, Referrals
- To create B2B community engagement through your social media marketing strategy, you need to figure out some groups and communities that are relevant to your B2B business.
- There are lots of social media platforms that offer you to create your own community as well as join others. Some of these-
- Reddit Communities or Reddit Subreddits
- Quora Communities or Quora Spaces
- Facebook Communities or Facebook Groups
- LinkedIn Communities or LinkedIn Groups
- Pinterest Invitation
- Other Communities
How To Do?
- Create regular engagement.
- Keep entertaining your audience using general content or you can create an event.
- Reshare your timeline post.
- Accept others post & people request, comment on their posts.
- Create separate polls only for community engagement.
4. B2B Customer Trust
Customers do business with brands they know and like. In the B2B world, trust is one of the most important currencies.
Customers who trust a B2B brand are more inclined to conduct business and might eventually become committed brand champions. However, before that point, many people are merely attempting to determine the legitimacy of the firm.
Customers in the business-to-business sector want to “ensure that they get exactly what they need and that it fits within their budget.
As a result, trust and reputation are incredibly vital. Most clients will check for reviews and other evidence that you are reputable before doing business with you.”
KPIs of Customer Service
- No. of support questions
- Response time
- Customer review and ratings
- Customer satisfaction
- Number of repeated customers
- Be active on Messenger query and Twitter Chats
5. B2B Social Engagement
The second most important reason marketers utilize B2B social media is engagement. Furthermore, studies have shown that social media interactions boost brand impression, loyalty, and word-of-mouth referrals.
B2B social media has brought businesses and their consumers closer together, and it is now a lot easier for people to communicate their comments with enterprises than it was previously.
Customers are increasingly venting their frustrations about items and businesses on social media. Your clients will feel heard if you catch and respond to these posts.
KPIs of B2B Social Engagement And Planning Cycle
KPIs: Mentions, Social Listening, Followers Count, The Share of Voice, Engagement Rate, Referral Rate, Traffic Value
How To Do?
- Potential B2B post reach
- Check your post reach on daily basis & reshare them if the reach is appreciable
- Shares and mentions
- Reshare others post and appreciate them via mentioning
- Daily posting on basis of B2B posting time and region
- Go with trends (Nowadays COVID-19 is trending topic you can curate post on Social Media Marketing Trends During COVID-19)
- Keep eye on B2B statistics
- Influencer outreach
6. Increasing B2B Website Traffic
Driving visitors to your B2B website or blog, who may become customers, is one step beyond having a brand presence on social media.
Three-quarters of marketers use social media marketing strategies to share information and generate qualified traffic to their websites.
Through social media experiments, a team, for example, increased their monthly blog traffic by 241 percent in eight months.
KPIs of B2B Website Traffic
KPIs: Qualified traffic via Social Media , Link Clicks on Posts, Conversions, Total purchases via Social Media, Product Trials
How To Do?
When you increase your B2B brand awareness online, you are also likely increasing your sales. That means if you’re following metrics of brand awareness your website traffic will also increase.
Monthly Social Media Audit Checklist Of B2B Business
✅What’s working and what’s not?
✅Which post performs well?
✅Who’s engaging with your post?
✅Analyze your competitors
✅Check monthly post reach
✅Having a bird’s eye view of others’ social media activity
✅Set defined objectives for each network
✅Access your social media analytics
✅Create new objectives and action items
Do’s & Don’ts of B2B Social Media Marketing
|Always go with trends||Increase quality post not the quantity of post|
|Unique content||Don’t copy others content|
|Proper use of hashtags||Don’t add irrelevant hashtags|
|Do mention others||Don’t mention your competitors|
|Keep eye on your competitors||Don’t keep your data to yourself|
|Attractive graphic designs||Don’t track daily post performance (time wasting)|
|Post funny GIFs & explainer videos||Don’t Ignore suggestions or questions|
|Do monthly audit||Don’t disregard the analytics|
|Reshare your most loving posts||Remember to include links|
You Might Achieve Social Media Goals
- Create posts that drive 50% traffic back to your website via direct or indirect promotion.
- Curate 25% of content that lands on other websites and mention them in your post. It will generate brand awareness.
- Generate 20% content related to lead generation like eBook download, refer to another social profile of yours, sign-ups, etc.
- 5% of the content will be about your Partners (their event/achievements) or your company culture.
B2B Social Media Marketing Essentials
Here, a short video by Neil Patel on ‘Social Media Essential tips’ watch below. Also you can go through some social media marketing essentials that I’ve listed below in the form of bullet points.
- Prepare your B2B social media marketing strategy on a monthly basis: SOCIAL STRATEGY SHEET.
- Social Media Calendar to manage task: SOCIAL CALENDAR
- Find B2B Trending Hashtags related to your post. You can use a tool to live tracking hashtags TweetDeck for Twitter.
- Do manual research on Pinterest for top hashtags & keywords.
- Always check daily updates of all social platforms like Social Image Size Guide Sheet & new features or features on beta. After that, check the new features available in your country or not?
- Look at the social platforms algorithm changes.
- Analyze monthly stats based data of social posting & plan for next month: SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT SHEET
- Prepare UTM’s to track your post-performance: UTM TRACKER SHEET.
- Always follow UTM parameters to track site traffic through social posts.
- Best timing to post on social media 2021: BEST B2B SOCIAL MEDIA TIMING
- For Advanced features on Facebook, use tool: FACEBOOK CREATOR TOOL
- For Advanced features on Twitter, use tool: TWITTER MEDIA STUDIO
- Use high-quality images, set branding patterns. (Color, Logo placement & Graphics)
- Twitter Business Plan of 2021: Twitter Content Planner PDF 2021
Social Media Tools For B2B Marketing Success
- Buffer for scheduling
- Twitter Media Studio: For additional settings
- Facebook scheduling Tool: Provided by Facebook itself
- Facebook Analytics: To analyze post analytics
- Twitter Analytics: To analyze post analytics
- The Pinterest Audience Inside: Provided by Pinterest itself
- Twitter Hashtags research: Tweetdeck
- Twitter trending hashtags: Trendst24 (you can select your region)
- Pinterest keyword generation tool: to search trending hashtags
- You can also search trending hashtags from Tumblr and Flickr: Hashatit
- Facebook Tool: 101 Tools free & paid
This Is How Social Media Has Changed The Marketing!
All of this being said, running a B2B firm demands careful consideration and a thorough grasp of who you are servicing and their requirements.
Developing a digital marketing plan for your B2B company provides a unique set of problems, but if you follow our B2B Social Media Marketing Strategy, do’s and don’ts, your company will be on its way to success!
Curious about social media posting timings? Well, we will publish new blogs on ‘social media posting timings’ soon. Until then you can subscribe to our daily newsletter.