Before getting to know the process of claiming a Shopify website on Pinterest, Let’s get to know about the terms mentioned in the topic. i.e. Pinterest and Shopify.
Pinterest is one of the most popular image-sharing social media platforms these days. And it keeps growing day by day. You google any keyword, and you will find innumerable pictures from Pinterest which directly lead a user to the website of that image owner.
As for Shopify, It is a commonly known eCommerce platform that assists in hosting your online store. It also helps in organizing the whole layout of your eCommerce website development and easily customized themes. While offering easy payment modes and offers.
Introduction to Claim Shopify Website on Pinterest
Claiming a website means verifying a site. Whenever you add a website on Pinterest, it provides you with a backlink. Also, If one uploads their daily pin, they will be able to see a lot of traffic on their Shopify website. Hence, more traffic on your website.
Claiming a Shopify eCommerce website is one of the ways to let Pinterest verify you as a website owner or to get your website verified on Pinterest. Additionally, helps the owner by optimizing their profiles. And shows the Pinterest profile of the registered owners underpins users search for.
A Shopify website verification on Pinterest usually takes several minutes.
A step by step guide to claiming Shopify website on Pinterest:
- Go to the further right icon on your homepage, which shows your profile picture/profile icon.
- Click on the edit icon and go to the ‘claim’ option.
- After clicking claim, Pinterest will provide you with 3 ways to claim your website.
- You can choose between the options to Add HTML tag, Upload HTML file or Add TXT record.
- Pinterest will then provide you with a META tag that you will be adding to the head section of your website.
- Proceed to your Shopify eCommerce store and click the ‘online store’ option.
- Click on the ‘Themes’ option and select the Actions button provided under the option of ‘Online store’.
- Choose to edit the code and go to the theme. liquid under the Layout option.
- Choose to open the file in the online code editor area provided.
- Paste the META tag that was provided by Pinterest under a blank line
- Click save and exit the theme. Liquid settings.
- Go back to Pinterest and click confirm. A globe icon will appear next to your website section on your Pinterest profile.
- Lastly, you will receive a successful verification email notification from Pinterest.
After claiming your website on Pinterest, it will be easier for you to optimize your profile, get access to its analytics, and show your profile underpins by your Shopify website.
Hopefully, this article provides you with the information you were looking for! Please do not hesitate to comment below on your queries. Do visit more of our blogs to read more interesting and informational stuff. And remember… Sharing is Caring! 🙂