Want to switch your website from eCommerce to WordPress? If yes, you are at the right place! Here we are going to mention some easy steps for switching an eCommerce store to a WordPress website.
This time of pandemic has forced many traditional businesses to take a modern outlook. Many businesses are resorting to the online setup of the business. Most owners are preferring to start selling online. You need to have a WordPress website for setting up an online business.
So, if you already have WordPress, installing WooCommerce with the existing site is a relatively hassle-free option. It is free to install and easy to function. Having a WordPress eCommerce website helps in growing the business and do increase sales too.
WooCommerce: Best Option To Add eCommerce To WordPress
- It customizes the site as per the business need. Here you could find many extensions for marketing, accounting, shipping, and much more.
- Have the option of a wide array of payment gateway options. With the help of a payment gateway is a third-party service that offers customers a secure method to pay online. This WooCommerce integrates with other popular payment services.
- Gives access to detailed documentation and support.
- It permits options for both physical and digital products.
- You can start the business in a much affordable manner.
- It helps in turning the existing WordPress site into a store. This is free to install and easy to operate.
WordPress is a viral website builder, and WooCommerce is the world’s largest eCommerce website. WordPress does have plugins to make the site eCommerce friendly. You may create dozens of different types of sites with WordPress.
Learn Top 5 eCommerce website builders in 2021
A WordPress eCommerce site costs between $500 and USD 3000 for starting a starter eCommerce business. This shall give the business owner the best value for money. Moreover, it is the most robust, flexible, and much easy platform to use.
Approximately 30% of websites do function by WordPress. It is a powerful, scalable platform, and after all, it’s free. Moreover, building a WordPress eCommerce website becomes easy. Plus, it provides access to exclusive content to paying subscribers.
Note: Full guide on WordPress For Beginners
We shall provide a detailed, comprehensive guide on how to develop a WordPress eCommerce Website. Anyone who has a computer and internet connection can do it. It doesn’t require any special skills or talent.
The primary thing you need to start an eCommerce store
- A domain name idea (business name of the online store)
- A web hosting website (this is where the website lives on the internet)
- A person can set up an eCommerce website with the Web press in much little time. In this blog, you shall understand the whole procedure in a much detailed manner.
Essential Steps Of Initial Setting Up Of Online Store
- The foremost step is to choose the right platform for your online business. There are two most popular eCommerce platforms, namely- shoplifting or web press + WooCommerce.
- Shopify is a fully hosted eCommerce solution where you can log in and start selling. However, the wrong side of this eCommerce platform is quite expensive, and its payment options are limited.
- Therefore, most of the users prefer to choose WordPress+ WooCommerce due to its flexibility option. Though it requires a specific setup, it does run in the long term.
- Setting up an eCommerce store, the user needs a domain name, web hosting, and an SSL certificate.
- The domain name is the website’s address on the internet. By this name, only the people shall search to reach the particular website.
- Web hosting refers to the process where an E-commerce website lives on the internet. It’s the website house on the internet. Every website on the internet does need web hosting.
- The working of SSL certificate is providing a particular security layer to the website. This is done to accept confidential information like payment mode details and other personal information.
Steps To Install WooCommerce On WordPress eCommerce Website
- Install and activate WooCommerce:- It is free to install WooCommerce. If you already know WordPress plugins, then the whole process is much smoother. This has become popular due to its simplified to install and customization option for the market needs.
- Adding the products and categories: – This process is one of the most interesting ones. Here you need to add the products. Creating a product is very much similar to creating a post or page in WordPress. The only addition is that here you need to add prices, images, and other necessary details.
- However, make sure that all information should be clear and specific about the product. Make sure to classify and group the products. Label its category-wise like type, size, price, etc. though it all depends on the type of business.
- Creating a store page: – The next major step is to display the products on site. This includes photos, videos, customer stories, and product information on the shop page.
- Adding optional steps like memberships or courses:- If you want to sell services like memberships and online courses, then set up the site accordingly. This does add value to the online store you are running.
- Taking order and shipment of order: – The business owner needs to decide how to take orders from customers. In case the products are perishable in nature or fragile, they shall require suitable packaging.
- The next step is to choose a carrier and to decide the shipping costs. Then, finally, provide this information to your customers.
- Marketing your business in the best manner: – You need to spread your business amongst your friends and known people. So you need to make a social presence and an email list too. It’s pretty essential in growing up a business.
- Expanding the business: – Take the help of social media, paid social ads, paid search ads, email marketing, and other tools to attract new customers to your site. Of course, you could also do this with other marketing tools like free samples, downloads, or first-time customers.
Read in Jist of launching WordPress eCommerce Website: –
Selecting a perfect domain name
- Signing up a hosting provider
- Installing WordPress
- Installing and configuring WooCommerce
- Choosing a theme ( Finest free WordPress themes )
- Adding products
- Installing additional plugins
- Adding content that converts
- Making your site public
Once you start online, try to market the online store to new customers. Encourage reviews, thereby repeating the buying from customers. Increase use of social media paid social ads, paid digital search ads, and email marketing to promote business.
This kind of tool helps in drawing new customers to the online store. At once, they visit your online store, attract them with free samples, downloads, or first-time customers offers. Keep on revisiting the document and never stop marketing.
- How Digital QR Code Menus Replaced Traditional Menus? - September 17, 2021
- Why do you never see twitter marketing services actually working? - September 16, 2021
- Digital Restaurant Menu Builder By WeCodeFuture - September 13, 2021