Want to know what is guest posting? And how to actually write a guest blog post that would make your website more visible and engaging to your audience?
If you are looking for some lifesaving tips to excel at guest blogging, or to know the benefits of guest posting, or maybe to learn how to post guest blogs. Then this guide is definitely for you!
In this guide, I’ve shared my insights on how to write a guest blog post and on how to be a good guest writer.
This article covers topics like:
- What is guest posting
- Benefits of guest blogging
- Steps to write an effective guest post
- Best ways to prepare a guest blog post
- How To Become A Guest Posting Content Writer?
- Expert tips to excel at guest posting
Keep Reading To Know Them All!
So, What Is Guest Posting?
The practice of publishing your content to another established brand’s website is known as guest posting.
This strategy is sometimes also known as guest blogging.
A content writer acts as a contributor or guest author on websites that allow guest posting and provides work to a publisher.
Wondering Why Writers Prefer Guest Posting?
Writers simply do this to gain more brand awareness and to get more traffic to their website. It is also called referral traffic by some experts.
Guest blogging helps in promoting their brand, to improve their public relations, and to further grow their Search Engine Optimization initiatives.
Benefits Of Guest Posting/ Blogging
Since it is organic, guest posting works effectively as a marketing approach. It is advantageous to both publishers and writers.
Publishers get fresh and unique content that their audience can enjoy and appreciate when the content is relevant, valuable, and of high quality.
For writers, there are countless different benefits to guest blogging:
- Increases brand awareness
- Relationships are formed
- Increases authority
- Reaches out to new audiences
- This increases visitors to their website.
- Creates backlinks that help the site’s SEO.
- Expands their email list
- Increases social media followers.
- Lets you interact more with other bloggers
- New learning opportunities every day.
Steps To Write An Powerful Guest Post
Developing a successful guest posting strategy requires several critical steps. These steps will assist you in laying a solid ground for your plan by establishing clear goals, expectations, and examples for determining which opportunities are best for you.
STEP1:- Determine the goals and aims you have regarding guest writing
Any good work to gain success starters with a strategy! And that strategy further helps in:
- Boost brand awareness- Increase the number of people who are aware of you and your brand.
- Introduce yourself and your work and services- Increase the number of people who are aware of what you have to offer.
- Show the audience how you can assist them- Increase the number of people who understand how your knowledge, products, or services may help them solve challenges.
- Increase your social media visibility- Increase the number of individuals who follow and interact with you or your brand on social media.
- Improve your SEO- Obtain high-quality backlinks to help your off-page SEO strategy.
- Create industry authority- Share your knowledge to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
- Boost traffic- Referral traffic will help you drive more traffic to your website.
- Increase your lead generation.
For example, if you want to boost traffic, you wouldn’t want to spend time guest writing on a small, niche site with little traffic. However, if you want to establish industry authority, you might benefit from writing for a tiny, industry-specific site.
STEP2:- Find Opportunities that provide guest posting chances
You can utilize this information to identify other comparable sites after you know which sites your audience frequently visits.
Looking at what sites already connect to your competition is another technique to identify guest posting sites. It’s likely that if a site already connects to your competition, they’ll link to yours as well.
STEP3:- Qualify the websites that provide the best guest posting opportunities
Start filtering out potential guest posting sites once you’ve collected a list of guest blogging websites. Look for blogs that welcome guest posts while also being a good fit for your strategy and goals. Or to cater more to your need you can look for a guest post service provider.
Create a set of criteria for guest posting that matches your goals and principles.
Look out for websites that:
- Have a clear idea of who you want to reach out to.
- Similarly, have an idea of the size of the audience you wish to reach.
- Drive a specific volume of traffic
- Have a strong search authority.
This will make it easier for you to find the best guest posting website for you.
STEP4:- Develop topics related to your niche
Once you’ve found a site that meets your guest blogging criteria, it’s time to brainstorm good and unique topics for the blog.
Create a few post ideas that will help you achieve your goals while also meeting the wants and needs of the publisher and their readers.
STEP5:- Create the perfect pitch for your request to write
Topics that have already been covered on a blog should not be pitched. Ideally, you’ll offer concepts that address content shortages and needs.
- Examine the site and note any topics that would be a good fit for it but have yet to be addressed.
- Subsequently, locate the appropriate person to contact.
- Look find and read the guest blogging guidelines on the site.
- Make a captivating topic line.
- Personalize your message rather than promoting a product.
- Benefits should be the starting point.
- Include evidence of your worth and quality.
While you want to make sure your topic is appropriate for the site and benefits the publisher’s readership, bear in mind that it must also fulfill your own interests.
However, choose topics that will allow you to promote your passions, reference your industry, and connect with your target audience.
STEP6:- Create a unique guest post worth publishing
After your pitch has been accepted, you must compose a post that the publisher wishes to publish on their website.
Make sure to include all the best practices while submitting guest content, such as:
- Stick to the guidelines they have for guest writing.
- Don’t go overboard with the promotion.
- By providing readers with something useful to take away, you are both serving them and boosting the chances that your content will be published by the publication.
- Repeat the proofreading process.
- If the guidelines allow it, include a link to a page on your website in the blog post.
- Write a bio that encourages people to discover more about you.
However, to make content 100% unique and duplicacy free, you can also use free SEO tools like article rewriter and plagiarism checker.
STEP7:- Follow up on your post
Once you’ve submitted a guest post, your work isn’t done.
Help the publisher in promoting and managing the article by:
- Share your article on social media and participate in blog promotion.
- By publishing the content on your social media accounts, you may share it with your audience.
- Mention or link to the publisher’s brand whenever possible to demonstrate that you are working to market your post.
- Respond to any comments made.
- Keep an eye on your post’s comments section. If they leave messages, respond as soon as possible.
- Include a link to it on your site.
- Likewise, promote the post on your site by including a link to it on a portfolio page or providing a summary of it on your own blog with a link to the original.
Follow up with the publication after your post is published if you want to build a solid connection with them and write for them again.
STEP8:- Track and Monitor your results
If you don’t track your results, you won’t be able to properly understand what you earn from guest posting.
Make sure to use metrics to analyze and monitor the marketing ROI of each guest post you write.
Also, keep track of the metrics that are most important to your first-step objectives.
These metrics could include the following:
- Amount of traffic referred
- Number of new visits to the website Number of social media shares
- The number of comments received
- Changes in SERP rankings
- The number of new leads
- The number of times a brand is mentioned or linked to
With monitoring and analyzing, you’ll be able to tell which sites helped you achieve your objectives and which ones didn’t.
Furthermore, this will help you figure out which sites you should try guest posting on again and which ones you should avoid in the future.
Best Ways To Prepare A Guest Blog Post
Google declared in October 2019 that BERT models would be used in the search. They claimed, BERT( Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers) models can be considered particularly useful for understanding the intent behind search queries.
In short, you must understand the intent of the person who will read it and supply any and all information required to fit that intent.
Accordingly, your chances of success are very less if you write something without considering the reader’s goal and thought process.
How To Become A Guest Posting Content Writer?
Almost anyone can write a guest post, but only a select few are capable of writing one that goes viral.
In general, you can’t “make” a post go viral. It does not, however, have to go viral. To create traffic over time, it only needs to be informative, on-topic, and well-written.
Thus, An excellent guest post is relevant, on-topic, and of the desired length.
The majority of guest blogs are between 500 and 1000 words long, although some experts, such as Neil Patel, believe they should be far longer, around 2500 words.
Expert Tips To Excel At Guest Posting
With Google now including E.A.T (Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness) as one of the primary ranking factors, websites are searching for Write-ups created by experts rather than someone who is doing it for the sake of getting links.
- Make sure You have certain goals regarding your guest posting content.
- It shouldn’t contain a clickbait title
- Do not try to go against the guidelines that the website provides for a guest blog
- Make sure the content is 100% unique and original
- Give it enough time to prosper.
- Respect the time and privacy of the publisher
- You must first develop a supplemental item, such as a video or an ebook, that is related to the guest post you’ve written for someone.
- Create a page for visitors to go to if they want to read your guest article in particular. This is the page where you can get the bonus resource in exchange for your email address.
- Finally, mention your incentive at the end of your blog post to encourage people to visit your page and provide their email addresses in order to receive it.
In conclusion, Guest blogging on well-known websites is a terrific opportunity to capitalize on the success of blogs that are already popular in your field. To consider writing a guest blog, you must submit satisfying pitches that show the value of your work.
Thus, Guest blogging is only one of the many tactics you may use to boost content writing efforts.
WeCodeFuture agency can help you in shaping or tracking your content through our content writing services with their effective graphic designing services and free SEO tools.