Keyword Definition is an exact match of the user’s query. Keywords are the foundations of your business. Therefore, it is considered, keywords should be used as per the necessity and algorithms to reach out to the targeted audience. Content will not be able to reach the targeted audience if there is no focus and phrase keywords present in it.
Hence, before you start writing any write-up, make sure you go for advanced competitor keyword analysis to write the content to compete with the competitor. However, we know there are so many newbies over here who don’t even know what keyword definition and its importance in SEO & PPC.
Let’s understand the keywords from head to toe-
Basic Meaning Of Keywords
In simple language, keywords are the words and phrases that users enter on the search bar to gather the relevant data as per the query. In other words, whatever words and phrases you type into the search bar of any search engine are keywords.
Thereafter, the results you acquire in the form of articles and blogs on the screen indicate that the words you put into the search engines hold the relevant information.
Anyone out there uses these words or phrases on search engines, so our website will be visible in the searches only if these keywords are ranking on the search engine.
However, there is an accurate manner to use the keywords. Unnecessarily and repeating the focus keyword result in keyword stuffing.
And this is all about keyword definition!
When the focus keyword repeats in the content continuously more than its recommended number of times is known as keyword density.
Now another question is how to know how frequently and where should the focus keyword be targeted. A formula named “keyword density formula” can help you find whether the content has a recommended amount of focus keywords or not.
Number of times used focus keyword/ total number of words * 100
If the result comes in between 1 to 2%, it indicates the focus keywords were used correctly. However, if this ratio goes up, then it will be considered keyword stuffing. Hence, make sure you check the density of the focus keyword in your content to avoid such negative impressions.
Types Of Keywords And Their Definition
There are numerous types of keywords. Although, the volume and traffic rate of each keyword varies.
1. Short-Tail Keyword Definition With Example
- Short tail keywords are those phrases that have one to two words, such as bike and Apple laptop.
- When a user types the short tail keyword, it is unclear what the user is exactly looking for. For example, if the user searched for a laptop in the search bar, it is not clear whether the user wants to buy the laptop, looking for an Apple laptop’s feature, or finding a store to replace his/her laptop.
- Ranking the page or website for the short tail keyword that is generic is highly tough and cut-throat.
- If you get the rank with the generic keyword on the first page, it is not confirmed whether the traffic is your potential client.
- Therefore, it is recommended by the SEO experts to use long-tail keywords such as “how can I buy the Apple laptop online?”
2. Long-Tail Keyword Definition With Example
- Long-tail keywords indicate those phrases that have three or more words. For instance- where can I buy the Apple laptop in New York City? Or what are the best features of an Apple laptop?
- When a user puts the long-tail keywords on any search engine’s search bar, it makes sense what exactly the user is finding? Likewise, the results will be precise and relevant to the query.
- We compare the short-tail keywords with long-tail keywords for ranking, so long-tail keywords are much easier to rank because of the lower organic competition rate
— Luish Mahida (@luishmahida) May 21, 2021
- Although the search volume of such keywords is smaller, the potential of conversion is substantially high.
- Therefore, use the long tail keyword as the focus keyword in your content to get your targeted audience on your platform.
3. Mid-Tail Keyword Definition With Example
- Mid tail keywords that consist of 3 to 4 words and have moderate competition level and ranking difficulty.
- These keywords are considered the best keywords amongst others because if you use such keywords, there are higher possibilities to get a decent traffic rate with high conversions.
- Examples of mid-tail keywords are the best Apple laptops and features of Apple laptops.
- Using the mid-tail keyword is one of the most authentic content marketing strategies to bring massive traffic to the platform.
Importance Of Keywords In The SEO
Keywords play an integral role in SEO by creating the content and pages as per our targeted audience. Once you have targeted your audience by framing the keywords in the content, it increases the possibilities of better traffic engagement.
However, there are norms and algorithms to use the keywords, so if you assemble the keywords as per the recommendation in the content, it sums up your chances for ranking up.
There are some traits that highlight the importance of the keywords in the SEO-
Engagement With The Right Audience
If you are using the right keyword in your blog posts and pages, your content will be visible to your audience. For instance, if you are running the business of SEO services and approach the query/questions of your specific audience as a priority in your content, you will get a better engagement of the audience with no bounce rate.
Conveying What People Are Seeking For
Keywords can help SEO by targeting what people are searching for the most about your services and products. By adding “what people are looking for” increases the traffic rate on the platform.
Defeating The Competitors
By placing the right keywords in the content with the less competition rate and having a high volume, your services and products can assist in bringing the competitor traffic to your platform. Hence make sure your content is eye-snagging, attractive, user-friendly, and readable.
Increasing The Conversion Rate
Suppose you have acquired the data (keywords) what people are searching for in your service and products.
If you consider adding those searches in your content, traffic will be towards your page because of its superior visibility in the search engine with a similar query. ‘
Thus, the conversion rate will be higher on your platform than a competitor because of visibility in the search engine.
Top Keywords Analyzer Tools 2021
Several keyword research tools are available in the market for conducting keyword research for your content and blog post. Although, some of the tools are paid, and some are unpaid.
However, each paid tool gives some free searches to conduct, such as Uber Suggest. Ubersuggest is a paid tool, but you can go for three searches in a day for free.
The first ten or around keywords will be available with the competition level, search difficulty, but you will find some more keywords without needed data as you go down. We are mentioning the list of some free and paid keyword researching tools.
Unpaid Or Free Keyword Research Tool
Google Keyword Planner
- It is the free keyword research tool from Google, and their AdWords tool is known as keyword planner.
- To use the keyword planner, you will have to create an AdWords account, but that doesn’t mean that you will have to run the Ads.
- When you enter the keyword, website address, or multiple keywords in the search bar of this keyword researching tool, it assists in finding similar keywords with metrics.
- These metrics help you gather each keyword’s competition level with the number of searches on the global and local networks.
- This is another free tool to conduct keyword research.
- If you find a list of “long-tail keywords” similar to the one you have already, it can help you a lot.
- There is no need even to sign up and enrolment to use this researching tool,
- This tool uses “Google Autocomplete” to find the relevant long-tail keywords.
- It helps you to find “what people are searching” in the aspect of your topic. ‘
- Additionally, the Keyword tool helps you to generate the long tail keywords only in alphabetic order. There will be no volume and CPC available with the keywords.
- To know about the CPC and volume of keywords suggested by the keyword tool, you will have to upgrade to keyword tool pro.
Pro Tip: Several other free keyword researching tools can be used to find the keywords. For example- Google Trends, Spyfu.com, Keyword Everywhere, and UberSuggest.
However, some of them will give limited searches, such as 2 to 3 free searches in a day to analyze, and then you will have to upgrade to premium.
Paid Or Premium Keyword Researching Tool
- It is one of the best keyword research tools to find out the 10000 relevant keywords with one keyword seed.
- Besides, you can acquire and export the report about each keyword with keyword difficulty, SERPs, competition level, volume, and CPC.
- This also supports the analysis of page rank, the occurrence of the keyword in the title, URL & header, domain age, and outbound links. Check domain age with domain age checker tool.
- If you have to use it for limited searches around 4 to 5, you can use the free version of this tool.
- The cost of this tool is around $34 per basic, $97 for pro, and $499 for agency per month. You can grab the coupons and offers while upgrading your plan to premium if there are any.
- Growth bar is the best SEO tool for bloggers and digital marketers to explore keyword research, content creation, rank tracking, and competition analysis.
- Further Growth bar also supports finding competitor’s Facebook ads, Google ads, and ranking keywords.
- The factors that compose it stand out from other tools: its feature, such as the Al-powered blogging tool. Al-powered blogging tool creates an outline for your content so that you may create SEO-optimized content readily.
- This tool will cost you around $29 for pro and $79 for scale per month. Although, they offer five days free trial before upgrading to pro or premium.
Pro Tip: There are numerous other paid or premium tools available that are also effective in keyword researching, such as SEMrush and Moz, with other additional benefits. Therefore, it is better if you go with that tool that fulfills your requirement the most.
We have indicated the importance of keywords in SEO for better results in search engines. Although, don’t forget to go through the algorithms of Google where and how your keywords should be placed to engage the right audience and avoid negative impressions.
Therefore, make sure you do the keyword research and pick the less competitive and high-volume keywords for your content. The engagement of customers and traffic rate will be high if you adopt the right approaches for keywords.
Note: To know about how to do advanced competitor analyses in 2021? you may read our next blog.
- What is SEO? A Complete Yearly Guide For 2021 - July 27, 2021
- eCommerce Website Development: A Step by Step Guide - July 1, 2021
- Ways To Grow Your Business With Digital Marketing Services - June 25, 2021