The brick-and-mortar model has been carrying the traditional wisdom of businesses for ages. However, modern civilization has evolved this model into something creative, flexible, and scalable called eCommerce. eCommerce is blooming at a rapid pace in the global retail market. As per Statista, “In 2020, two billion people shopped online and e-retail surpassed the mark of 4.2 trillion USD”.
In this era of growing eCommerce, search engines have evolved and have become one of the most powerful tools. These tools are nowadays considered in the growth of an online business i.e. eCommerce. Statista says, “ In 2019, 30% of the global web traffic was generated by search engines”. In this way, search engines have played a remarkable role in bringing online consumers to online businesses.
In these prospects, local search engine services have played an important role in the eCommerce industry. This forces local SEO services into play. For an eCommerce-based business to mark its local grounds of establishment, local SEO services are necessary.
What are local SEO services?
Local SEO services are the services that use strategies to increase visibility in local SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages). If your business appears in local SERPs with a local-search focussed keyword, then it is eligible for local SEO services.
Suppose you are running a restaurant in Noida, India. And a consumer at the same location asks Google: “Restaurants near me”. The SERPs at the location will show Google listings of businesses that are restaurants near the location on the map pack. This list of businesses is called the local competitor’s list. The restaurants that are appearing at the top of the list are optimized for local SERPs. Local SEO services decide the package.
What are local Search engines?
The search engines that are programmed to show local search results are called local search engines. For example, Just Dial. And, the local SEO strategy clarifies the local visibility in Search Engines. This means turning potential local customers into clients for a business in the target.
How does Google’s local search engine algorithm works?
Before considering local keyword research, let us talk about some common facts about Google’s local search algorithm.
- The search algorithm uses your location to find out the best results for you in the SERPs. This happens only when the searcher does not mention the location of desired product and services.
- Google, as a search engine, does not search the entire web for a particular search query. Instead, it crawls the content of listed websites that have been listed in Google’s Index (List of eligible websites for the search query)
- To form an index, Google Search Engine uses ‘web spyders’ to crawl the web pages. It starts by indexing a single page and then follows the internal and external linking structure on the same page.
- Google servers store these indexed pages and use the information to rank the list of competing websites.
How to do local keyword research?
Local keyword research is finding the keywords that are responsible for displaying local results in SERPs. The local keyword research contains the following list of steps.
- List the services, products, or information you offer
In this process, local businesses list their offering in services or products to the local directories as Google My Business. So, follow the same procedure to list your local services.
- Local intent research
Research for local intent begins with checking for local map packs in SERPs and local businesses in organic results. If both are visible on the screen for the particular keyword, it’s a local one.
- Search volume analysis
Finding local search volume is a tough task. As major search engines show and are dedicated to global or country-wide volume. A lot of local search volume depends upon the explicit and implicit characters of the keyword.
Explicit Local Keyword: The keywords that come with the exclusive specifications of the location of services and products being offered by businesses are known as explicit keywords.
Implicit Local Keyword: The keywords that do NOT come with the exclusiveness of location of services and products being offered are known as implicit keywords.
- Grouping and mapping keywords
The most important thing amidst local keyword research is the grouping and mapping of the keywords. Only one keyword aka service/feature is not enough for ranking in SERPs. This is why most businesses create dedicated pages for each and every service they offer.
Sometimes grouping keywords is important as well. For example, ranking for ‘hotels near me’ is tougher as there are tough competitions. So keywords like ‘New York’ can be grouped with ‘restaurants near me’ and new keywords can be formed, like ‘restaurants in New York’.
This technique allows working with high competition local keywords.
How do local SEO services work?
Before understanding the working of local SEO services, let us first understand what matters for local SEO. The prime elements that matter for local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) are:
- Localized content to build local citations: The web page should be fully optimized as per the location. Especially when you are building your business in different locations at the same time. For this to happen you should not only mention a local phone number but also modify title tags, meta tags, etc. as per local requirements.
- Local link popularity to build the brand: If your local links are popular enough, you will rank well in SERPs.
- Business listings to increase the local map visibility: Consider listing your business in local directories. This increases the overall visibility in local search results.
- Website reviews to configure customer reach and authority: Website reviews are well important when it comes to customer reach and authority.
These factors are responsible for the proper working of local SEO services.
On concluding the above factors, we found that local SEO services are important for any business targeting local customers. So, one should follow the strict discipline as discussed above for bringing out the most of local SEO services. What are your thoughts regarding it? Do comment.