Social distancing is the new trend in this prevailing pandemic situation. People try to remain aloof from everyone. Moreover, the worst impact is on the food industry. Restaurants are facing many low sales as people are avoiding such public places.
Though with the increasing inclusion of QR codes for the restaurant is giving new hope to restaurateurs. It promotes social distancing amongst people. Moreover, it drives loyalty and repeats purchases with offers and discounts.
Understanding QR Code Restaurant Menu
It is a digital version of physical menu cards at restaurants. The diners can scan these QR menus to access the restaurant menu. Eventually, the complete form stands for quick response (type of matrix barcode).
A unique QR code has its invention in 1994 by Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. A barcode is a machine-readable optical label that contains information about the item to which it is attached. Moreover, it is a machine scannable image that can instantly be read using a smartphone camera.
Every QR code consists of several black squares and dots, which represent specific pieces of information. Interestingly, this QR code does hold over a hundred of the information. However, experts explain it as nothing more than web links.
However, you need to be careful while scanning a QR code. At the time, the link you follow could lead to a malicious landing page or a sophisticated scam.
The primary benefit is that customers can pay without pulling out a credit card or cash. It is convenient for both customers and servers. Below are some prominent reasons to include a QR code menu in restaurants: –
- Minimal contact for employees:-
As a pandemic is hitting worldwide, employee safety is of utmost concern. So, implementing a unique QR menu for restaurants promotes contactless interaction. Initially, running from one table to another gets reduced as customers can order with the help of their phones.
- Independently order collection:-
One step ahead, you could set up a collection point or order pickup zone where customers can collect their orders independently.
- Appealing food dishes:-
It is said initially you eat with eyes later with the mouth. Hence, with the help of a dynamic QR code menu app, you could include enticing images of food. It does force customers to order various dishes promptly. Unlike the traditional menu, the new restaurant menu QR code offers lucrative pics of food to customers.
- It is economical:-
A traditional menu requires lots of money investment including different kinds of ink, lamination, and printing charges. In case you want to edit anything in the traditional menu. This may be adding new dishes or edit prices for all these requirements to print a new menu altogether.
- Simple updation:-
While a QR code menu is seamlessly simple, you need to update the menu all free of cost.
- A quick table turnover: –
The main aim of the restarters is to serve maximum customers in a limited period. This has to be done without making the customers feel rushed. With the help of a QR code menu, the process gets simplified. Eventually, customers don’t likely have to wait for more.
- Easy for data collection: –
In the QR code menu, customers need to fill in their personal information. This information includes their email address, phone number, addresses. The restaurateurs can use this data for their future marketing. Moreover, you could build a more accurate customer profile, thereby increasing the sales of restaurants.
- Smooth ordering: –
The ordering process is much smoother in the QR code menu rather than a traditional menu. It prevents physical contact and orders the food in a few minutes.
How could you generate a QR code?
A QR code generator is software that stores data into a QR code (for example, a text or a website address). You need to create a QR code by typing in the data and downloading it as a high-resolution PNG or vector graphic.
It works by encoding information into a QR code. You may understand it as a turning link into a QR code. Eventually, you may upload the information onto the website, which automatically spits out a QR code.
Interestingly there are two types of QR codes: –
- Static QR code
- Dynamic QR code
Static QR code means a QR code that comprises fixed information. The destination/data is stored directly in the QR code graphic. While dynamic QR code means it has an elastic destination URL. In this, the destination of a Dynamic QR code can change at any given point.
Using the points below, you could quickly generate a QR code:-
- Selecting a QR code generator:- You could easily find multiple QR code generators online. Eventually, select the best QR code generator which is apt for your restaurant and is compatible with most mobile QR code reader apps. While choosing it, make sure you can easily track and analyze the unique performance of the brand.
- Choose the type of content you are promoting: – The next step is to choose the type of data you want the next person to scan. You are made available with the many options in Infront of you to choose upon.
- Entering the data in the form that appears: – After selecting the type of content, you shall see a field or form appearing before you. here you can enter information like email address, subject line, associating the message.
- Downloading the QR code menu: – You have to choose between the type of QR code you want. However, most probably dynamic QR code has more benefits.
- Customization: – This is one of the tricky parts which decide the success rate of the QR code menu. Here, you could decide the type of logo, website design scheme. Do all these things while keeping in mind your desirable QR code menu.
- Graphical representation of QR Code menu:- Plus, you may further choose a particular color, adding a logo, creating social options, and much more. However, be careful that while customizing the QR code, mobile apps should be readable. Therefore, according to experts, it’s advisable to generate two versions of QR code viz plain one and the preferred design.
- Testing the QR code to know whether it’s working or not: – At times, it becomes difficult for the mobile apps to read the QR codes. Moreover, the print is not good or blurry or any other technical fault. Hence, make sure to try the QR code before launching it to the public.
- Sharing and distributing the QR code menu: – Once you have tried the QR code, the central part begins altogether. Do place it on the tables of the customers. You could even display it on social media, in print ads.
- QR code menu scanning:- Moreover, you could add text instructions for less tech-savvy people to scan the QR code menu. This could bring more people in using your QR code menu.
- Tracking and analyzing the performance: – It is a real marketing tactic. Hence, do a proper study to know whether it’s giving returns or not. Also, make sure to know whether people are scanning the code or not.
With this, you shall be aware of the actual performance of the QR code. Eventually, you can work on the drawbacks after that.
It shall not be wrong to say that QR codes are slowly replacing the traditional menu slowly and gradually. A report says that QR code downloads have soared 750% over the last 18 months. Eventually, the restaurant is very optimistic and looking for more good future opportunities.