“Do you want to build a website? But, hell! You don’t know how to code a computer program. Don’t worry!
WordPress has got you covered!
For beginners, WordPress is the primary tool and service provider that provides full access to build a website without knowing the alphabets of programming.
As per experts, WordPress is the most popular website platform in the world. It powers over 41% of the website on the internet. The platform began in 2003, 18 years ago. Now it has grown its visibility over languages and countries all over the world.
What is WordPress For Beginners?
As we have discussed earlier, WordPress is an open-source website platform. Let us understand why WordPress is chosen over other sites. People choose it because of its advantages discussed in the next section. WordPress currently powers over 66 million websites on the internet.
Why Choose WordPress Is Best For Beginners?
The qualities of WordPress that makes it more susceptible to the user are:
- It hosts over 120 languages. English, Spanish, and Portuguese are the top three languages hosted over the internet on WordPress.
- With a large amount of database, it has got a wide range of users ready to engage to similar sites in its ‘Reader’ section.
- It has got a lot of customizability. This enables the administrator to create a ‘WoW’ WordPress website. This exceeds the amount of customizability offered by other vendors.
- It has got thousands of verified plugins that can be used to design your website both from backend and frontend.
Now let us move forward to starting a WordPress site.
How to start a WordPress site?: User-friendliness of WordPress
Before commencing towards a WordPress site, one has to follow the following procedures in the given steps.
- Choosing a niche
Before filling your website with useful content for readers and buyers, you need to choose a product/service category you want to work with. This gives you the clarity of ‘moving forward’ paths. Also, it enables the search engines to find clarity about your website, and thus indexing on SERPs becomes much easier after you decide the category of your WordPress website.
2. Buying a domain & site title
Buying a domain is just like buying an address to host services or products. This name is your recognition on the internet. Always choose keywords from your product or service category. This helps your address get a quality space on the internet.
For example, you are about to sell books on your website. In this way, you have chosen books as your niche. So as per the above paragraph, your domain name should be ‘books.com’.
The site title is just another name for your niche. You can choose a site title made from the alphabet of your domain address. The more organized is your website the more traffic it gains from the search engines.
3. Registering to WordPress hosting: The web hosting procedure
After buying an address, we need to find a space on the internet to host our website. It’s just like building a home full of space, optimized for your website requirements. WordPress hosting is one popular service packages provider on the internet.
How to create a website with WordPress?
This segment of the topic is a little interesting to discuss. The first thing that comes up is setup. Most people are confused about ‘how to buy a domain?’ For most of the users WordPress.org, a self-hosted solution. WordPress is a free service provider that allows domain owners to build any kind of website available with proper hosting with their host account.
This step includes defining DNS records, adding a tagline, adding a logo, etc. Setting up is usually an easy step to undertake.
Installing WordPress themes
This step includes the installation of WordPress color schemes and layout for the WordPress site. A WordPress theme installed successfully provides dummy texts and a theme-powered layout. On the WordPress store, you can install thousands of WordPress themes and choose your layout.
Related: Best Free WordPress Themes For Your Online Store
Different themes and their specialties
There are a variety of themes available on WordPress. You can choose as per your product or service category. Some common examples are Sinatra, Shawburn WordPress theme, etc.
Installing WordPress plugins
Installing the best WordPress plugins gives you more options to customize your site for user-friendliness. These give the user an option to fulfill particularized tasks such as creating contact forms for readers, etc.
What are plugins?
According to LiveWire, “Plugins are software additions that allow for the customization of computer programs, apps, and web browsers — as well as the customization of the content offered by websites”.
Different plugins and their specialties
There are various kinds of plugins as per the website requirement. Let us discuss a few of them.
- Yoast SEO: It is the plugin that is responsible for optimizing your website to appear in SERPs. This plugin also submits sitemaps to the search engines. So it’s easy for your website to get ranked in SERPs.
- 301 redirects: It is a plugin that is used to easily create and manage redirect rules, and view 404 error (i.e. Page not found) logs.
- Classic Editor: Classic editor is one of the oldest post-editors in WordPress. It supports an old-school editing format and is popularly known for its simplicity of use.
- Contact Form 7: It is a plugin used to acquire customer’s info, whenever the customer has an inquiry related to the website.
- Woocommerce: It is a plugin that helps you sell anything on your website.
- Site kit by Google: It is the one-stop solution for users to know and acknowledge the information provided by the search engine.
Creating pages and posts
Creating content on your website makes it unique in terms of the information served. Also, the navigation on the website becomes a lot easier for the users as they know ‘where to find what.
Why it’s chargeable to create a website on WordPress.org?
Creating a website on WordPress requires a host and a domain name. Charges are for buying the domain name (i.e. website address) and finding a hosting service provider (i.e. space on the internet).
Conclusion: Final Thoughts
Although WordPress is the most suitable option for a beginner, it has its own hurdles. Like market competitive price range. This guide includes every important segment of building a website on WordPress. What are your recommendations regarding WordPress? Do comment in the box below.
Next: How To WordPress For Beginners